We offer farm tours for school groups, community groups and anyone interested in learning more about how our farm works.
Explore the community farm model, find out what certified organic growing means in the field, tour our ecological restoration areas, or learn about seasonal eating and growing food throughout the year.
About Our Tours
- Tours are guided by a board member or farmer. They can be customized to suit your needs.
- Please fill in the form below to book your tour, ideally allowing us at least a week to arrange the right guide for your group.
- We keep the size of touring groups small in order to give more individual attention to each group’s interests and needs, to allow social distancing where possible, and to avoid disruption to the operations of the working farms on our property.
- We charge for tours in order to fund maintenance of our common areas, to support the activities of our non-profit society, and to compensate the farmer or board member for sharing their time and knowledge in guiding the tour.
- Costs are:
- $10 per person for individuals or small groups of up to 5 people.
- $75 for groups of 6 to 12 people; if your group is larger, please book additional session(s) or get in touch with us to discuss further!
COVID PROTOCOL FOR VISITORS
- Please do not come to the farm if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with a COVID-positive person/unquarantined traveller
- No public access to the farm house or cooler
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer
- Respect social distancing with the farmers and workers
- Please wash or sanitize your hands before using farm tools or touching common surfaces (including farm stand produce)
- The washroom is available if necessary; please use supplied disinfectant and paper towels to sanitize all touchable surfaces after use
- Masks/face coverings are not needed on tours if you respect 2 metre distancing from others
- However: if you are visiting the farm stand or the sales area for Saanich Native Plants, or interact with farmers or staff at the farm, we ask that you please bring and wear a mask for as long as our mask policy is in place