Haliburton Farm work parties are a great way to learn hands-on about our wetland restoration project and organic farming.., and become part of the Hali community!
Work parties assisting community farm and wetland
A great way to learn hands-on about organic farming and ecosystem restoration and become part of the Hali community!
All children and vulnerable persons accompanied by a parent, guardian or own staff member at all times.
Remember to bring… a hat, garden gloves, boots or sturdy shoes, and water! Please check the COVID protocol below before coming.
Share your time & skills with us
Volunteer with Farmers, Board of Directors and with our Haliburton Biodiversity Project.
**Please check with organizers beforehand, as dates and times of work parties are subject to change.**
- Wetland and meadow restoration work parties: normally first Saturday of the month from 10-12, tools provided.
For more information please email email@example.com or visit HaliburtonBiodiversity on Facebook.
- Farm work parties: normally Second Saturday of the month from 10-12; tools provided.
For more information or to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All children and vulnerable persons have to be accompanied by a parent, own staff member or guardian at all times.
Please remember to sign in when you visit the farm.
COVID PROTOCOL FOR VOLUNTEERS (subject to guidelines in BC Public Health Orders)
- Please do not come to the farm if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with a COVID-positive person/unquarantined traveller
- No public access to the farm house or cooler
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer
- Respect social distancing (2 metres) with farmers and workers
- Please wash or sanitize your hands before using farm tools or touching common surfaces (including farm stand produce)
- The washroom is available if necessary; please wear a mask when inside and use supplied disinfectant and paper towels to sanitize all touchable surfaces after use
- Please continue to respect the required 2 metre distancing at outdoor work parties; masks are optional outdoors if distancing is followed but may be needed for close work