Haliburton Farm work parties are a great way to learn hands-on about our wetland restoration project, and become part of the Hali community! (The potluck lunches are fun too!)
Work parties assisting community farm and wetland
A great way to learn hands-on about organic farming and ecosystem restoration and become part of the Hali community!
Wetland and Farm work parties: Jan – Dec, first Saturday of the month. Please register on our Contact Us page.
All children and vulnerable persons accompanied by a parent, guardian or own staff member at all times.
Share your time & skills with us
Volunteer with Farmers, Board of Directors and with our Haliburton Biodiversity Project.
- Wetland and meadow restoration work parties: First Saturday of the month from 10 -12, lunch and tools provided. For more information please email email@example.com or visit HaliburtonBiodiversity on Facebook.
- Farm work parties: Second Saturday of the month from 10-12; bring a lunch; tools provided. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All children and vulnerable persons have to be accompanied by a parent, own staff member or guardian at all times. Please remember to sign in when you visit the farm.
COVID PROTOCOL FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Please do not come to the farm if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with a COVID-positive person/unquarantined traveller
- No public access to the farm house or cooler
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer
- Respect social distancing with the farmers and workers
- Please wash or sanitize your hands before using farm tools or touching common surfaces (including farm stand produce)
- The washroom is available if necessary; please use supplied disinfectant and paper towels to sanitize all touchable surfaces after use
- Masks/face coverings are not needed on work parties if you respect 2 metre distancing from others; but please bring and wear one if you have any concerns.