The cover crop we planted last month – winter wheat – is coming up! And the seeds we harvested at September’s work party are dry and ready to sort.
This month we’ll be tackling the following:
- Sorting the seeds we collected earlier this fall, using the farm’s greenhouse which is large and well ventilated (but face covering would be recommended while working in there)
- Potting up some herb starts
- Carrying on maintaining and pruning in the society land
- Taking up the society land’s irrigation lines for the winter
- And probably weeding and laying down some more wood chips where the weeds are coming through.
Please email us back at email@example.com if you’d like to come, and we’d love it if you could pass the word to anyone you think might be interested! Please review our Covid protocol before coming (see below).
Good idea to:
- Dress warmly
- Bring a hot beverage and/or water bottle (hint: tea goes nicely with our post-work party snacks!)
- Bring or wear boots and gloves if you have them.
COVID PROTOCOL FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Please do not come to the farm if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with a COVID-positive person/unquarantined traveller
- No public access to the farm house or cooler
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer
- Respect social distancing (2 metres) with farmers and workers
- Please wash or sanitize your hands before using farm tools or touching common surfaces (including farm stand produce)
- The washroom is available if necessary; please use supplied disinfectant and paper towels to sanitize all touchable surfaces after use
- Masks/face coverings are not usually needed on work parties as long as you respect 2 metre distancing from others; but please bring and wear one if you have any concerns
- We will take note of your name/phone/email for contact tracing purposes only; these will not be shared with any third party