Haliburton Community Organic Farm is not just one farm! It’s made up of five farming businesses and a wetlands restoration/biodiversity project. We depend on volunteers to help us maintain the wetlands and common areas. After the COVID-19 disruptions this spring, we’re ready to welcome volunteers back onto the farm this season, Would you like to join us?
Work parties are a great way to get some exercise and fresh air, and learn about biodiversity, seasonality and the workings of a certified organic farm!
Biodiversity work parties run from 10-12 the first Saturday of each month; Farm work parties are 10-12 on the second Saturday of each month. Bring your own work gloves – and a picnic lunch if you’d like! See our Get Involved! page for more information on who to contact for work parties.
We ask that you please follow our COVID protocol when you visit the farm:
- Please do not come to the farm if you are feeling unwell or have been in contact with a COVID-positive person/unquarantined traveller
- No public access to the farm house or cooler
- Please bring your own hand sanitizer
- Respect social distancing with the farmers and workers
- Please wash or sanitize your hands before using farm tools or touching common surfaces (including farm stand produce)
- The washroom is available if necessary; please use supplied disinfectant and paper towels to sanitize all touchable surfaces after use
- Masks/face coverings are not needed on work parties if you respect 2 metre distancing from others; but please bring and wear one if you have any concerns.